Student Teacher Internship/ Observation Information
To all Student Teachers,
Copperas Cove ISD looks forward to helping you obtain your goal to become a teacher. We will do our best to accommodate your requests for student teacher internship placements and observation hours and answer your questions. We ask that you follow a few guidelines to assist in this process.
- Student teachers are seen on Mondays only from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 1:00p.m.to 3:00p.m.
- All student teachers requesting internship/observations must complete a criminal history background check permission form and a confidentiality agreement form. Please email Sherri Laumand (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the Student Teacher Packet, and bring completed forms with you to the Human Resource office.
- A pass must be obtained from the Human Resource Department before you visit a campus. Passes are only issued after we have cleared your criminal background check and all paperwork has been completed. Passes are good for one year from date of issue.
- Students requesting observation hours must receive permission from the campus principal. Placements are made at the campus Principals discretion. A campus may be unable to accommodate your request due to campus situations and circumstances.
- Please remember the district is under no obligation to make student placements or allow observations. This is a courtesy to you and your programs. Please treat our district and its employees with respect and courtesy.
- Please read employee standards of conduct dress and grooming guidelines. When visiting the district please adhere to these regulations.
- The Texas Education Agency is your best resource for information on becoming a teacher in Texas, visit their website at www.tea.state.tx.us