Student Health Advisory Council(SHAC)
Every independent school district is required by law to have a school health advisory council (SHAC) of which the majority of members must be parents who are not employed by the school district. The SHAC is annually appointed by the local education agency Board of Trustees.
Texas Education Code
Title 2, Chapter 28, Section 28.004
What is a SHAC?
A SHAC is a group of individuals representing segments of the community and school district which provides advice to the district on coordinated school health (CSH) programming and its impact on student health and Learning.
Student Welfare Wellness and Health Services - FFA (Local)
CCISD SHAC MEMBERS 2017-2018
- Thomasena Thomas - CCJHS Parent Rep.
- Jessica Jenkins - Fairview/Jewell Parent Rep.
- LaTonya Coffey - Cements/Parsons Parent Rep.
- Teresa Gores - Walker Parent Rep.
- Melissa Smith - Williams/Ledger Parent Rep.
- Mike Sheon - Physical Education Rep.
- Shannon Horn - Coryell County Health Dept. Rep.
- Marion Cook - Coryell County Health Dept. Rep.
- John Gallen - Community Rep.
- Melissa Bryan - CCISD Child Nutrition Rep.
- Lisa Baker - Texas A&M Agrilife Rep
- Leanna Bates -Texas A&M Agrilife Rep.
- Kelly Avritt - Chair
- Cindy Hutcherson-Community Member
- Ruta Timarky-CCISD School Health Coordinator
- Sandra Perry-CCHS Health Science Educator
Fall Meeting Dates for 2017-2018
September 26th 4:30-5:30
October 24th 4:30-5:30
November 28th 4:30-5:30 (Tentative date)