Gifted and Talented Program
A gifted/talented student is a child or yourth who performs at, or shows the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment when compared to others of the same age, esperience, or environment and who:
- exhibits high performance capability in an intellectual, creative, or artistic area:
- possesses an unusual capacity for leadership; or
- excels in a specific academic field. (Texas Education Code §29.121)
The following documents are provided for your convenience (click on the links below to access):
Campus Flyer – includes 20-21 Testing Window Information
CCISD Gifted/Talented Program Information
Resources from Texas Education Agency
Who to Contact?
- Campus level questions: testing timelines/dates, gifted/talented paperwork, referrals, etc. Please contact your campus counselor.
- District office: Lauren Hooten, email@example.com, 254-547-1227