Student Teacher Internship/ Observation Information
To all Student Teachers,
Copperas Cove ISD looks forward to helping you obtain your goal to become a teacher. We will do our best to accommodate your requests for student teacher internship placements and observation hours and answer your questions. We ask that you follow a few guidelines to assist in this process.
- All student teachers requesting internship/observations must complete a criminal history background check permission form and a confidentiality agreement form. Please download the forms from our website and complete. Completed forms can be returned via email (to Sherri Laumand – email@example.com), fax (254-547-1535), or hand carried to the Human Resources Department located in the CCISD Service and Training Center at 408 S. Main Street.
- A pass must be obtained from the Human Resource Department before you visit a campus. Passes are only issued after we have cleared your criminal background check and all paperwork has been completed. Passes are good for one year from date of issue. Passes can be emailed to you or picked up in person from the Human Resources Department.
- Students requesting observation hours must receive permission from the campus principal. Placements are made at the campus Principals discretion. A campus may be unable to accommodate your request due to campus situations and circumstances.
- Please remember the district is under no obligation to make student placements or allow observations. This is a courtesy to you and your programs. Please treat our district and its employees with respect and courtesy.
- Please read employee standards of conduct dress and grooming guidelines. When visiting the district please adhere to these regulations.
- The Texas Education Agency is your best resource for information on becoming a teacher in Texas, visit their website at www.tea.state.tx.us