Support Groups for Military Families
For information on any of these groups listed below, contact Army Community Service at 287-4ACS. (These groups are subject to change or cancellation, call before planning to attend.)
- FISHH - Families of Injured Soldiers with helping Hands
...a family support group meeting together to strengthen each other.
When: Third Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Where: Oveta Culp Hobby Center, Soldier & Family Readiness Branch, Building 18000 (Battalion Avenue next to Copeland Soldier Service Center, Fort Hood)
Contact: Cynthia Livingston @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fort Hood Family Support 360 Center - designed to work with families to assist them in navigating military and civilian public support systems to get services and supports for their children with disabilities. Contact Penny Seay (email@example.com) or Ana Canevaro (firstname.lastname@example.org), Texas Center for Disability Studies, at 512-232-0740.
- Spouses of Deployed Soldiers Support Group - for more information about meeting times, contact ACS at 254-287-8979.
- Heart of Texas Self Help Group - Whether you have or may have Multiple Sclerosis (MS), or care about someone who does, finding the right information for you is an important step. Learn the facts about MS. For more information contact Peggy Muller at 254-542-5465.
When: Third Tuesday of the month from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: Robertson Avenue Baptist Church, 30 E. Robertson Avenue, Copperas Cove, TX.
- International Spouses Support Group - for more information call ACS at 254-287-4471
When: Third Thursday of the month
- Military and Family Life Consultants - designed to provide support and assistance to active duty soldiers, National Guard & Reserves, military family members and civilian personnel. Military and Family Life Consultants can help people who are having trouble coping with concerns and issues of daily life. For assistance, call 254-288-0400.
- EFMP Down Syndrome "FACES" Support Group - Tuesday, September 8, 2009, 6:00-8:00 p.m. Building 18000 Fort Hood