Student Health Information:
State law requires the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to develop the form and content of information relating to bacterial meningitis, please see the following websites for new updates:
Student Health Advisory Council(SHAC)
Every independent school district is required by law to have a school health advisory council (SHAC) of which the majority of members must be parents who are not employed by the school district. The SHAC is annually appointed by the local education agency Board of Trustees.
Texas Education Code
Title 2, Chapter 28, Section 28.004
What is a SHAC?
A SHAC is a group of individuals representing segments of the community and school district which provides advice to the district on coordinated school health (CSH) programming and its impact on student health and Learning.
Student Welfare Wellness and Health Services - FFA (Local)
CCISD SHAC MEMBERS 2020 – 2021
- Lisa Edgar – Coordinator of Student Services – Chair
- Thomasena Thomas-Parent
- Amanda Edwards-Parent
- Hilda Medina-Parent
- Krystal Cook-Parent
- Jessica Jenkins-Parent
- Valerie Choron-Parent
- Aubreyanna Hunter-Parent
- Clarena Tobon–Parent
- Tami Martin-Community member
- Jennifer Wilson-PE Teacher/Athletics
- Shannon Horn/Marion Cook - Coryell County Health Dept. Rep.
- Melissa Bryan - CCISD Director of Child Nutrition
- Amy Hudson-CCISD Director of School Health
- Sandra Perry-CCHS Health Science Educator
Meeting #1- October 1, 2020
Meeting #2- October 27, 2020
Meeting #3- January 12, 2021
Meeting #4- January 23, 2021